Followers

Friday, March 8, 2013

Chesapeake &Delaware Canal Lift Bridge

Ever since I saw a shot of this bridge I knew I had to take a ride and check this out.I really didn't know how I was gonna find it because all of the research I did it came up empty cause the road was owned by the US Army Corp of Engineers,until I found they where building a bike trail.I found a Boat Marine that was close until I found there was a job site close to the trail with security but after talking to him for about 15 minutes he was pretty cool with me parking closer.



   It was pretty cold that day so I only saw a Tug towing some kind of equipment up the canal maybe with the weather getting warmer another trip will be made,the security guard told me a couple weeks there was a boat that just cleared the bridge by a couple of feet.He also said the bridge gets more use during the week then on the weekends with it may go up and down only only a few times all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment