Followers

Friday, January 4, 2013

Braddock,Pa

This is a short story of a town that once stood tall and then how it became a ghost town.Braddock once a town that full of life Clothing stores,Bars,Five and Dime,Candy,News Stands,Corner Grocery Stores,Bakery's,Banks and a town of Occupied Buildings and then the end came Steel Plants closed and slowly family's started to leave one by one and the town was going down the tubes real quick.





  Today the town of Braddock is 90% empty YES I said 90% it was really sad to see in person that a town went so bad so fast in such a short time and there are towns like this all over this country.I didn't spend as much time here as I wanted to the weather was not real good that day and when I go back I will make another visit to Braddock for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots Darren, tkx for the info, a place to put on our bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks the town has a long way to go to get back on it's feet,I understand you can buy a home for under 5,000 dollars today.

    ReplyDelete